We take great pride in our Seattle, WA, headquarters and the transformation it has gone through. Located at 95 Yesler Way in Seattle, WA, our workspace occupies the entire floor of the Yesler Building. Built in 1891 by Seattle Pioneer Henry Yesler, our building originally housed the Scandanavian American Bank and then later the Bank of Commerce. Since then, our building has been an outfitter, a purveyor of fine chocolates, and an original Bartell Drugs, to name a few.
Upon moving into our space, we demolished all existing walls, repurposed the old lumber, and constructed a 24 by 6 and a half foot cutting table. It is on this table that we lay out and cut all of our shirts. In addition, we hold meetings, conduct business and design other products that either we produce in our or ship off to other local businesses for support. In the same way a dining table is the center focus of a restaurant, our cutting table provides the backbone to all our work and conversation. Once cut, products move to our assembly line, a selection of classic sewing machines each calibrated to perform a specific function in the shirt-making process. Once finished, shirts return to our table and are either hung in our showroom, or packaged to be sent to stores or customers.
As we've grown over the past couple years, we've looked to other, local business to assist in the production of some of our wares. However, we have always been and will continue to be committed to producing at least a portion of our line in house and with our own hands.